SPE Online Education
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapters 1 and 2 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition. In this course, you will consider some of the organizational issues surrounding project management. You will review how different organizations handle the responsibilities of project management and focus on the entity known as a project management office, or PMO. You will also learn how organizational structure can play a key role in the success or failure of project management.
Duration: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- Explain what a project is and how it can advance organizational goals
- Describe the role of the project manager in an organizational setting
- Identify how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets can affect project management processes
- Explain the concept of a project management office (PMO)
- Explain the relation of projects to sub-projects, programs, and portfolios
- Distinguish between functional organizations and projectized organizations and explain how the structure of the organization can affect project processes and activities
- Clarify the role of stakeholders such as the project sponsor in determining general and specific details of the project charter
- Describe the project life cycle and its common trends and patterns
- Define and explain fast tracking
- Identify key competencies of successful project managers
- Describe the differences among several common project life cycle approaches
This online training course is categorized under the Projects, Facilities, and Construction discipline.
0.35 CEUs offered.
Members : USD 115.00
Non-members : USD 150.00