SPE Online Education
Demonstrates the techniques of conventional mud logging during the preparation of a formation log and accompanying event reports. Presents the rate-of-penetration curve, lithology plot, total gas curve, gas composition curves and descriptive track. Also discusses the use of mud logging in overpressure recognition, hydrocarbon evaluation and non-hydrocarbon gas detection. Summarizes computer-based data acquisition and measurement-while-drilling techniques.
Duration: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- Introduction to Mud Logging
- Conventional Mud Logging Practices
- Penetration Rate and Lithology
- Gas Measurement and Analysis
- Supplemental Logging Techniques and Applications
- Advanced Mud Logging and Advisory Practices
- Selection of Services and Equipment
- Mud Logging: References and Additional Information
This online training course is categorized under the Reservoir discipline.
0.27 CEUs offered.
Members : USD 115.00
Non-members : USD 150.00