SPE Online Education
Evaluate the applicability of wellbore seismic technology to a particular well. Determine the need for check shot survey, synthetic seismogram, vertical seismic profiling (VSP) and cross-well tomography. Use seismic sections, petrophysics and geological information to determine the wellbore seismic program. Identify the applicability of a wellbore seismic program for the exploration objective and acquisition configurations for different wellbore seismic techniques. Describe the acquisition and QC of the check shot survey / VSP. Describe the generation and QC of a synthetic seismogram from well logs and check shot data.
Duration: 8 hours
- Synthetic Seismogram Project; Part 1: Data loading and QC
- Synthetic Seismogram Project; Part 2: Generation
- Zero Offset VSP Project; Part 1: Design and Acquisition
- Zero Offset VSP Project; Part 2: Processing
- Zero Offset VSP Project; Part 3: Time-Depth Correlation
0.8 CEUs offered.
Members : USD 115.00
Non-members : USD 150.00